A Sport for all
As Karate world is going through times of unprecedented progress and expansion, it is our intention to further extend the dynamism and innovation that have always distinguished the World Karate Federation.
The inclusion of our sport in the programmes of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 and the Youth Olympic Games Buenos Aires 2018 is nothing less than the most notable results of years of hard work in our intention of taking Karate to a new era. With the idea in mind of using our collective effort to continue driving our sport to its dazzling future, we have updated all our structures in order to bring Karate to an even brighter tomorrow.
The new and up-to-date official website of the World Karate Federation aims at achieving exactly this goal, while creating an open window for Karate fans around the world to be abreast of the exciting times for our discipline.
As president of the WKF, I hope that all of you who visit this website enjoy its modern features, such as its greater visual impact and its adaptability to different devices. I am confident that together with WKF Social Media Channels, WKF.NET will be the meeting point for all those who appreciate our sport, so we all can contribute to Karate’s evolution.
President of the World Karate Federation
"It is our intention to further extend the dynamism and innovation that have always distinguished the World Karate Federation"
WKF EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The Executive Committee is the body responsible for leading, managing and administering WKF activity, drawing up programmes in accordance with the directives approved by the Congress and assuring that they are enacted.
The Executive Committee shall be composed of the President, and at least twenty-three members, of whom five members shall be permanent members (i.e. the representatives of each of the five Continental Federations), one member the Chairman of the Athletes Commission, and seventeen elected members.
All Executive Committee elective positions will be elected by the whole Congress.
In the Executive Committee the equal opportunity to women and men must be assured.
- President: Antonio ESPINÓS - Spain (ENG - ESP - FRA)
- 1st Vice President: José GARCIA MAAÑON - Argentina
- General Secretary: Toshihisa NAGURA- Japan
- General Treasurer: Michael DINSDALE - Great Britain
- 2nd Vice President: Nasser ALRAZOOQI - United Arab Emirates
- 3rd Vice President: Béchir CHERIF - Tunisia
- Vice President & Commissioner for Paris 2024 Olympic Games: Francis DIDIER - France
- Vice President and OKF rep.: Michael KASSIS - Australia
- Vice President and UFAK rep.: Mohamed Tahar MESBAHI - Algeria
- Vice President & Commissioner for Para-Karate and Refugees: Wolfgang Weigert - Germany
- Executive Vice President: Gunnar NORDAHL - Norway
- Ass. Gen. Treasurer: Souleymane GAYE - Senegal
- Ass. Gen. Secretary: Jose A. MENDEZ - Puerto Rico
- Member: Ibrahim AL GANNAS - Saudi Arabia
- Member: Davide BENETELLO – Italy
- Member and EKF rep.: Jiri BOCEK - Czech Republic
- Member: María Angélica CORONIL - Chile
- Member and PKF rep.: John DiPASQUALE - USA
- Member: Makarita LENOA - Fiji
WKF HONORARY BOARD
- Honorary President: Takashi SASAKAWA – Japan
- Honorary Member: Tsunekazu TAKEDA – Japan
- Honorary Member: Giuseppe PELLICONE –Italy
The Congress is the supreme organ of the WKF, being given deliberative powers.
The Ordinary Congress shall meet every two years at the occasion of the World Senior Championships and in the city where these take place.
The Ordinary Congress shall have the final say on all matters relating to karate as presented from the National Federations, and on any other topic of a general nature, and it shall define the guidelines for the WKF activity.
It shall decide only on matters included on the official agenda, which must include the following: approval of the minutes of the preceding Congress, reports of the President and General Secretary, report of the Treasurer and of the Auditors, report of the Chairman of the Sports Commission and election of new members to vacant positions in the Executive Committee.
The Congress shall be presided over by the President of the WKF, or in his absence by the 1st Vice-president or in absence of the latter by a Vice-president to be selected following the order in which they were ranked. The Congress secretary shall be the General Secretary of the WKF or, in his absence, the Assistant General Secretary unless otherwise delegated by the WKF President.
The following shall be entitled to take part in the Congress:
a) The affiliated National Federations in possession of voting rights.
b) The Executive Committee.
c) The Chairmen of the WKF Commissions.
d) The Honorary President(s) and Honorary Member(s).
e) The National Federations with provisional affiliation.