All you need to know about #Karate1Venice
The most massive Karate event of the year will be held in Venice (Italy) from December 7 to 10 as the Italian city hosts the last Karate 1-Youth League of the year.
This is all you need to know about #Karate1Venice
- The 2023 Karate 1-Youth League Venice is the fifth and final event of the season of the series of international Karate tournaments for youngsters.
- The tournament continues the successful events in Fujairah (UAE), A Coruña (Spain), Porec (Croatia) and Merida (Mexico)
- The Karate 1-Youth League is a competition conceived to highlight the impact of Karate at young ages. Established under the umbrella of Karate 1, the Karate 1-Youth League is a platform for the development of youngsters in their quest to progress in the sport.
- The event will take place at the Palazzo del Turismo in Lido de Jesolo, Venice.
- Since the creation of the Karate 1-Youth League in 2018, the tournament in Venice-Jesolo has become the most massive showcase of the popularity of Karate at young ages.
- The tournament is scheduled for December 7–10.
- Starting on Thursday, at 08:30 (local time GMT +1), the competition will continue throughout the weekend until Sunday.
- The finals will be held at the end of each competition day.
- This year marks the first time that the Karate 1-Youth League events start on Thursday. An extension of the days of the competition has been applied to accommodate the increasing number of competitors.
- Over 4000 athletes from 81 countries have registered to participate in the event.
- This number represents an absolute record in all the Karate 1-Youth League events, as never before a tournament of this kind has attracted such a big tally of competitors.
- Since its onset in 2018, the Karate 1-Youth League in Italy has broken all participation records. Over 2600 competitors from 67 nations participated in the edition of 2018 in Caorle. The number of participants went up to 3084 from 68 countries in 2019. With a halt in 2020 due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the event returned in 2021 with 2047 competitors from 52 countries. Last year, 2413 young athletes from 58 countries took part in the event.
- Leading nations of Egypt, Kazakhstan, and Saudi Arabia topped the medal table of the opening event in Fujairah with five gold medals respectively.
- In A Coruña, the big winners were athletes from the host country of Spain and Ukraine, with nine gold medals each.
- Meanwhile, in Porec, the tournament concluded with France and Belgium heading the medal table with seven gold medals each.
- The fourth event in Merida (Mexico) had athletes from the United States, Mexico and Chile topping the medal table.
- The competition follows a knockout format.
- The event comprises 46 categories, and it is destined for competitors aged 12 to 20.
WATCH IT LIVE!
- The finals of #Karate1Venice will be available LIVE on the WKF YouTube channel.
- Go to the WKF YOUTUBE CHANNEL to watch the action of the finals at the end of each competition day.