All you need to know about #Karate1Jakarta
The last Karate 1-Series A event of the year will be held in Jakarta (Indonesia) from November 18 to 20.
- The Karate 1-Series A Jakarta is the third event of the season after the tournaments in Pamplona (Spain), Cairo (Egypt), and Kocaeli (Turkiye).
- The tournament takes place in the capital of Indonesia of Jakarta. The event is held at the Istora Gelora Bung Karno sports hall.
- Indonesia is a major powerhouse nation of the sport and have hosted first-class international events over the years including the 2015 World Cadet, Junior & U21 Championships, and Karate 1-Premier League events in 2012, 2013, and 2014, among others.
- The event is scheduled from November 18 to 20.
- The eliminations will be held on Friday and Saturday (from 09.00 to 20.30 local times GMT+7).
- The bronze medal bouts are scheduled on Sunday, from 11.00 to 14.30. The finals will be held on Sunday from 14.30 to 18.00
- CLICK HERE to go to the full competition programme.
- Over 670 athletes from 65 countries are registered to participate in the event.
- Hosts of Indonesia have the greater representation in Jakarta with 139 athletes, followed by India with 67, and Chinese Taipei and Ukraine both with 26 athletes.
- The Karate 1-Series A events are limited to competitors who are placed in positions 33 and below in the WKF World Ranking.
- Athletes are free to register as long as the total number of 96 competitors per category is completed.
- The tournament follows a Knockout competition system.
- Competitors participating in the Karate 1-Series A events aim at earning points to reach the top 32 positions in the WKF World ranking, which gives them the chance to compete at the Karate 1-Premier League.
- Karatekas from Egypt are thus far dominating the Karate 1-Series A this year since the representatives of the African powerhouse nation of the sport have claimed nine gold medals in three events thus far. Japan and France with three golds each are also registering successful performances.
- No less than 23 countries have taken home gold medals at the three events of Karate 1-Series A this season, a testament to Karate’s universality.
WATCH IT LIVE!
- The medal bouts of the event on Sunday are available LIVE on the WKF YouTube channel. CLICK HERE to go to the WKF YouTube channel.