Safety in Karate
The WKF homologated karate-gi has high quality characteristics that make it worthy of the WKF APPROVED recognition. There are two modalities:
- KUMITE: Acrylic fabric, light and breathable.
- KATA: Thick cotton fabric.
There are three different types of WKF Approved Karategis:
- White colour Karategi with the brand’s logo on the chest and on the neck and embroidered on the shoulders in Blue, Red or Gold: Mandatory use in all the WKF Official Events (World Championships, Karate 1 – Premier League, Series A and Youth League)
- White colour Karategi with the brand’s logo on the chest and on the neck: Recommended for training and other competitions.
- Karategis WKF Green Karate: Produced with at least 70% of recycled materials.
The use of “WKF Approved” Karategis cannot be refused by any Continental Federations or its member National Federations.
The WKF APPROVED wording will be indicated on a specific label situated on the inferior seam of the jacket, just above the manufacturer's label.